Monday, July 7, 2008

Power Shopping and Blessings

Today was my day to shop. I went with three other girls and we paid a guide to take us shopping at all of the non-tourist stores. It was wonderful. All we had to do was tell her what we wanted buy and she would take us to the proper stores. We’d then pick out what we wanted and she did all of the negotiating. I bought so many things that I need to buy an extra suitcase tomorrow to get everything home. The prices were fantastic, but on the flip side I realized just how badly I was taken when I shopped a few days earlier in Guangzhou. (Fortunately I got good prices when I was shopping on my own in Nanning, but that is not a big tourist city either so that probably helped.) I sure wish I had my camera with me because we went to one market place that reminded me of something out of an Indian Jones movie. Wow!

Later on in the day we took Chloe to a Buddhist temple and the three of us were blessed by a monk. (Thankfully, I did have my camera for this excursion.) The temple was fascinating and the blessing was a cool experience. I figure as new parents again we need all the help we can get.

Chloe had a great day today, however last night she experienced some night terrors. It was so hard to sit by helplessly while she screamed. Ted had to hold her and rock her into a sound sleep and then she was fine the rest of the night. When she awoke the next morning she was fine. She has been a happy baby since a few hours after our gotcha moment, but every single day she gets happier and more content. What a joy to watch.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Test post

Anonymous said...

Hi Gang!

So it was Power Shopping, sounds like having a guide worked out great. Your photos are outstanding, especially of Chloe.
We're looking forward to your arrival on Thurs.

God Bless You All, Take Care ! Dad

Anonymous said...

Wow! Sounds like an incredible trip all around. Good luck with the rest of your days there and we will see you all very soon. Big Hugs, jude
Hey Shannon, when are we going to see picture of Mom and baby?