Sunday, July 6, 2008

Chen Family Temple


I'm sitting in our hotel room on the 26th floor, having a cup of tea and I can still hear the soft sound of Chinese wind instrument being played on the street below. It is such a beautiful sound.

Today we went to the Chen Family Temple. The most recognizable Chen family member that you may know is Jackie Chen. This was by far the best tour we have been on this entire trip. The art work inside the temple was magnificent. There were carnings on everything imaginable - granite stones, wood, ivory, cinnabar, and even olive pits. One room had the most breathtaking embroidery that I have ever seen. It was as if I was looking at a photograph and not stitches of thread.






As you can see from the photo, Chloe was not as impressed with the temple as we were. We also managed to do some shopping today, but I plan to do the power shopping tomorrow.

I don't have much to write about tonight because I think this whole experience has finally caught up with me and I'm exhausted. It's nothing that a good nights sleep won't cure. I would however like to take a moment and say "thank you" to all of you that have posted comments. Your kind words have been so encouraging. When we return home I plan to print this blog with all of my posts and your comments and create a book for Chloe. Someday she can read the book and see how wonderful this journey was for us.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ted, Shannon, & Chloe,
We missed you at the 4th of July parade. Next year Chloe can join the annual hike down the hill with all of us! We left a present for Chloe on your front porch today (no one was home to answer the door). I'm going to call your dad today and see if I can invite Skylar over tomorrow afternoon. See you soon! Love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hi Shannon I haven't had a chance to post, we have been in Mexico and internet service was not too good. But Chloe is great--she is precious and reminds me of our own precious one!! She sounds like she is coming around to you and I GUARANTEE that she will be completely a momma's girl soon. Brad experienced nonstop rejection in China and it is a different story now. I love your photos and stories. We loved the Chen Temple too. Enjoy GZ--visit Dong and Susan at Susan's place they are great and will help you find anything you want to buy. Take Care Lori

Anonymous said...

HI guys! I wrote you a note on your other email address as well! I have forwarded the information to David to let him know about Chloe. She is SO beautiful. I am sure that in time, Chloe will be wanting the continued attention of her mommy, daddy and very soon...her big sister! She just has to feel secure! In time dear Shannon. I know it's better already! This is such an amazing experience for you as parents. This has to be right up there with your wedding and honeymoon as far as celebrations and emotions go! I know you can't wait to share Chloe with Skylar. Can't wait to see that first picture of them as sisters! God is so very good to give you a complete family Ted and Shannon. You are SO very blessed. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! Love, Cyndi

Terri and Rich said...

She is just beautiful. Sorry it has taken me until now to read your blog. We have been home since June 27th. Jenni Lin was really sick but is doing so much better now. I am so happy for you guys!! Congratulation!

Terri And Rich
Spokane WA

Anonymous said...

Dear Ted and Shannon,I can't tell you how happy and excited we are for you.
We can't wait to see both of you with your other little princess Chloe. Your dad,grandma and Skylar are doing fine. We love you a lot and can't wait to see you.
Take care of each other and Chloe.
See you soon.
XOXOXO Mali XOXOXO