Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father’s Day

I walked into the family room tonight to find my husband and my daughter sitting next to each other on the couch watching Episode One of the Star Wars Trilogy. (My daughter has this fascination with Princess Leia. To heck with the Disney princesses, Skylar wants to be Princess Leia Organa for Halloween.) Skylar is sitting there with this big silly grin on her face and “daddy” wasn’t watching the movie so much as he was watching her. I just stood there and stared at the pair of them.

I am truly blessed. I have a beautiful, intelligent little girl, another one on the way and a loving husband. One of the gifts Skylar gave daddy today was a picture of the two of them holding up a trout they just caught together. She decorated the frame with seashells, colored rocks and wavy blue ribbon to represent the water. She also gave daddy a card that she made herself at pre-school which had a beautiful little poem about a child walking in her daddy’s footsteps. The gift and the card definitely moved Ted.

My little Tomboy is usually not too far from her daddy’s side. They could be watching grass show (that is what Skyar calls golf on TV), or maybe warming up by passing the soccer ball before her soccer class, or even building robots and other cool stuff out of Legos. And Ted is always right there for her… and for me for that matter. Yes, I am truly blessed. I can’t wait to see what Father’s Day is like next year.

No comments: